Friday, July 23, 2010

First blog

Well I've had this blog for months now and haven't gotten around to actually blogging anything, so I guess I should start. I am really awful about writing the cute things Alyvia does down in her baby book, although I take a ton of pictures that usually capture the moment. I really want to have something to look back on one day and read. Something that will remind me of exactly how I was feeling. Whether it be happy, sad, frustrated, relaxed or any of the other emotions that go along with being a mommy.
So I guess I'll start with this morning. Alyvia's newest thing is spitting food out of her mouth after she has chewed it. Disgusting you say? Why yes, yes it is. It drives me crazy. I told Matt about it the other day and he had the normal daddy response. "Oh yeah, I noticed she does that". He said this while snickering. I'm sure he laughs when she actually does it too. That guy is baby crazy! Nothing she does is bad in his eyes... unless she touches his PS3. Then his stern daddy side comes out.
I work three nights a week, so I am always home with Livvy Lu(our nickname for her) during the day. We have a blast together. I love that I can work full time and still be home with her all the time. She is an amazing little girl, and we are so blessed to have her with us! Anyway, I got some inspiration from a fellow blogger. She is trying to go a certain amount of time without eating out. It's my new goal too. It's such a waste of money, and so unhealthy. I want better for my family. So while trying to be realistic, I decided that I would only eat out once a week for lunch and cook dinner every night. There is no reason why I shouldn't be cooking every night. I mean I'm home every day!! So that is my goal! I asked my wonderful mother-in-law to hold me accoutable, so she is asking me occasionally how its going.
Ok, I suppose that's all I have for now, and Alyvia is in the process of destroying the house, so I should go stop her.

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Lu Lu, how I love her....I am so thankful for today's technology that keeps us in touch by web cam, cell phones and now, blogs!!!! I miss her so much but feel much more connected by all these wonderful inventions. Thank you my awesome daughter-in-law for taking the time to post all the pictures and videos of those precious moments that are always so wonderful. You and Matt are totally great, loving and tops as Mom and Dad of Alyvia Grace!!!! She is so wonderful because of ya'll. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete